- Posted by Sharon Mercury Security Management
- On November 4, 2019
- 0 Comments
Mercury Security and Facilities Management are one of the fastest growing FM companies in Ireland. Due to our recent expansion and a number of high-profile contract awards we are looking to appoint an organised and motivated individual, Northern Ireland based to manage security contracts across the province.
Operations Manager Responsibilities
• Developing and implementing security policies, protocols and procedures in line with MSFM objectives
• Controlling budgets for security operations and monitor expenses
• Recruiting,supervison and induction security personnel
We are looking for a competent Operations manager to organise and oversee security operations of our company within our Northern Ireland operation based at our Head Office in Lisburn. Security personnel will be under your command while you develop and implement policies and procedures to maintain security & company standards.
As operations manager, you will have to demonstrate excellent written and communication skills. You will need a strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of all hazards and threats to safety. Since you will have a number of people under your responsibility, you must also exhibit leadership skills.
The goal is to create and preserve an environment where employees and customers feel valued & respected in line with MSFM company objectives.
• Develop and implement security policies, protocols and procedures in line with MSFM objectives
• Control budgets for security operations and monitor expenses
• Recruit, Induct and supervise security officers and guards
• Attend meetings with other colleagues/clients to determine operational needs
• Plan and coordinate security operations for specific requirements
• Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms
• Review reports on incidents and breaches
• Investigate and resolve issues
• Create reports for management on security status
• Analyse data to form proposals for improvements (e.g. implementation of new technology)
• Proven experience as security operations manager or similar position
• Experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV)
• Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
• Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
• Solid understanding of budgeting and statistical data analysis
• Working knowledge of MS Office
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Outstanding organisational and leadership skills
• Committed and reliable
• High school diploma; Further education in security administration or similar field will be an asset